Summer is not the only time to eat fresh and colorful salads. On the contrary, as the weather turns colder and the days shorter, I feel the need to bring a little bit of sunshine to my plate! This festive salad is so colorful and refreshing, it is the perfect addition to any holiday meal or celebration spread. The addition of a tasty strawberry vinaigrette also brings a little zing to tantalize your palate even further.
The quantities given in the recipe are for 2 to 3 servings. If you are preparing this festive salad for a bigger crowd, simple double or triple the quantities. I would advise to keep the ingredients separated until the last minute in case you choose to prepare this salad ahead of time. The strawberry vinaigrette will keep up to one week in the refrigerator.
- 4 cups (3 ounces) salad mix of choice
- 1 cup (5 ounces) cooked golden beets, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) sliced cucumber
- 1 cup (4 ounces) sliced strawberries
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Strawberry vinaigrette:
- 1 cup (5 ounces) strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Strawberry vinaigrette: place all the ingredients in a high speed blender and mix on medium speed for 20 seconds, or until smooth. Keep in the refrigerator until serving.
- Salad: cover a large platter with salad, then add the beets, cucumbers, strawberries, and scallions.
- Drizzle with strawberry vinaigrette as desired. Bon appétit!
The recipe for this festive salad has been shared on: Paleo AIP Recipe Roundtable –
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read what it means.