You won’t need much time to prepare this delicious and healthy paleo vanilla ice-cream! With only three ingredients, it is probably one of the easiest frozen treats you can prepare in a pinch. This vanilla ice-cream is a crowd-pleaser and will be a hit for everyone in your family. While I do not advocate eating a lot of paleo treats on a regular basis, I think that we all need a little something sweet from time to time.
This vanilla ice-cream is dairy free, nut free, egg free, and low-FODMAP!
What is there not to like?
I started making homemade ice-cream only recently when I finally purchased an ice-cream maker off the internet. I was not very happy with the ice-cream options we could find at the store, even with the “healthy” brands because they still contain ingredients not compliant with the autoimmune protocol. I asked for advice among my friends and settled for a Cuisinart with a double insulated freezer bowl that you keep in your freezer.
I quickly discovered that making ice-cream is quite simple and straightforward! One of my first creations was a delicate rosemary infused pear sorbet. It was a total success and encouraged me to explore more options. Before launching into flavored ice-creams, I wanted to tackle a recipe for a basic vanilla ice-cream that would be yummy and autoimmune protocol compliant at the same time! Not many people would say no to a nice bowl of vanilla ice-cream!
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and warm-up over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for about five minutes.
- Taste and adjust the sweetener if needed.
- Allow the liquid to cool down completely. You can speed up the process by refrigerating the coconut mixture.
- Pour into the ice-cream machine and churn following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- You can enjoy immediately as a soft serve, or freeze for a couple of hour before serving.
- When frozen solid, allow the ice cream to thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Bon appétit!
This vanilla ice-cream recipe has been shared on Fat Tuesday – Phoenix Helix AIP Recipe Roundtable – Real Food Wednesday – The Paleo Rodeo – Awesome Life friday
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read what it means.