These soft veggie tacos are full of healthy nutrients and are so much fun to eat!
The green color of the tortillas comes from the fresh cilantro I added to the dough. It’s a simple, but effective trick; this is a great way to increase your vegetable intake and change things up a bit! Bonus: kids love this kind of grab-with-your-fingers easy meal!
The stars of the show are these soft green tortillas. They are 100% allergen-free (no gluten, no wheat, no grains, no corn). On the technical side, don’t worry if you don’t have a tortilla press, you can use a rolling pin instead, or a tall glass jar. But make sure you use a piece of parchment paper to roll these out so they don’t stick to the surface of your counter.
Three different ways to use these tortillas:
These green tortillas can be served:
- Hot off the skillet
- Refrigerated for later
If you decide to freeze them, insert a small piece of parchment paper in between each tortilla. Remove from the freezer as needed, thaw at room temperature, and warm up in a skillet or a microwave oven.
What’s in the green sauce?
Only three ingredients (coconut milk, fresh cilantro, and lime juice) and a dash of sea salt! This coconut milk-based sauce is my go-to dressing for all things vegetable, from salads to roasted vegetables and even stuffed sweet potato skins!
Keep the green sauce in a glass jar, closed with a lid, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Take it out of the refrigerator 15 to 20 minutes before serving for a creamier consistency (it tends to harden in cold temperatures).
Load up on vegetables with these soft veggie tacos!
- For the soft green tortillas (makes 6 tortillas):
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon AIP baking powder
- ⅔ cup lukewarm water
- ½ cup (packed) chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- For the green sauce (makes 1¼ cups):
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup (packed) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1½ tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or more, to taste
- To assemble the veggie tacos:
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 3 small (firm) peaches, cut julienne style
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- To make the tortillas, combine cassava flour, coconut flour, sea salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add water, olive oil, vinegar, and cilantro to a high-speed blender and mix on high until thoroughly blended, about 30 seconds.
- Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients and mix with a spatula to roughly combine. Finish by kneading a few times with your hands until a smooth dough forms.
- Divide dough in half, then divide each half into 3 equal portions, forming little balls. Roll out each ball between 2 sheets of parchment paper to form a thin, round circle of about 6 inches in diameter. Insert a piece of parchment paper between each tortilla so they don't stick.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook each tortilla, uncovered, until the bottom shows little golden spots, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on the other side.
- To make the green sauce, combine coconut milk, fresh cilantro, lemon juice, and sea salt in a high-speed blender and mix on high until smooth, about 30 seconds. Refrigerate until needed.
- To assemble the tortillas, divide equally arugula, peaches, avocados, and cucumber between the tortillas. Garnish with chopped cilantro and drizzle with green sauce.
- Bon appétit!
Green sauce: Transfer dressing to an airtight container and refrigerate until needed. Will keep up to 7 days in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before serving for a creamier consistency.
Click it to pin it!